"The joy for me is helping people cut through the crap."
- Dana Cavalea
On the most recent episode of my podcast, Unplugged with Brandon Steiner, I spoke with former New York Yankees Strength and Conditioning Coach, Dana Cavalea.
Spending 12 years in the New York Yankees organization, Dana has worked with athletes such as Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, and many more. In 2009 he won the Nolan Ryan Award, which is an award given to MLB's top Strength Coach as voted by his peers. Now he has focused his energy on helping others create strategies to reduce stress, improve work/life balance, and most importantly improve daily performance/outcomes.
In this episode we discuss:
- How an internship led to a job
- Experience with the New York Yankees
- Mariano Rivera's fitness routine
- Finding your why
- Diet, and daily water intake
- Helping others on their journey to a healthy life
- ...and more.